Friday 1 April 2016

Clothing for model and colours




I big problem in my rough cut was the costume that my model was wearing, and I wasn't too sure what I could get her to wear. So I did some research into photoshoot's from pop magazines and looked at the covers to get an idea of what would be suitable for her to wear on my magazine.



These are photos from Seventeen Magazine, and Top of the Pop's photo-shoots. All the costumes that these girls are wearing are very glam and nice to look at, something you wouldn't see your typical teenage girls wearing, therefore would appeal to this audience a lot. In the photo of Little Mix (the girl group) they are wearing darker clothing because there is a lot of them, this is so there is no colour clash, but a similarity they do have with the solo artists are that they wearing clothing that shows off the legs of the first, all in a dress or a skirt. This is mainly down to the fact that the look good which is appealing to the target audience, and that the target audience will admire them for being in such good shape and will aspire to be like this. The costume that appeals to me the most is Selena who is the third one along. I like how it is plain at the top so her hair is the focus of the top half of her body but she has a brighter colour skirt which would link with my colour scheme as my colour scheme consists of quite bright pretty colours. So I am going to hunt through mine and my models wardrobe to find a skirt or if not a dress that will fit in with my magazine like these models fit in.



This colour scale displays the ideal colours for my magazine. I used a lot of these different shades within my magazine to construct the house style. I feel that if I have my model wearing any of these colours on the front cover there will be a bit of a clash, but on the double page spread it will be ideal as the model is separated from the writing and colours that could clash. I'm going to take photos of my model wearing a range of different clothing, so that she can look different on the front page in comparison to the double page spread, as this is a pattern I have realised on the examples I have studied, they aren't using wearing the same clothing on the two pages. More my front page I was thinking my model could wear either red, blue, a mild green colour or maybe even black to avoid any colour clashes, but I'm going to have to take the photos and experiment with them first to get the ideal colour blend and quality.














No comments:

Post a Comment